Share |

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Should Homeschoolers vote for Santorum?

Should Homeschoolers vote for Santorum?

Santorum is a homeschooling dad, the obvious question is should homeschoolers vote for Santorum? At first glance it is east to say “yes” and I did just that. I thought he would be a better president than Mitt Romney. I still do, but I now see him as a bad alternative to Romney. I do believe from a temporary view point he would be good for homeschoolers, but I don’t think he will do much to increase freedom in the US or around the world and that will harm homeschooling in the long run.

Santorum is an old testament Christian who will seek to destroy Islam through the use of our young people and the military. His statements are filled with hate and racism, although I doubt he knows what he is saying. This will make other leaders in countries where homeschooling is not welcome even more wary of adding it. As a Christian Conservative, I could not vote from Santorum. Christ’s message was of hope and love, not of a conquering empire. We know what Love is, because He first loved us. Love does not hate, it does not envy, and it certainly doesn’t seek to destroy entire nations.

Santorum would sacrifice our financial future and our countries security in order to perform his own crusade, much like the Catholic Church did centuries ago. As a Christian our job is to bring people to Jesus Christ, by preaching the good news, which is the gospel, not send people to Hell. I hope that those who homeschool and are Christians will stand with me and not vote for Santorum.

No comments:

Post a Comment